THE DATAS TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TEAM SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED AND PUT INTO OPERATION THE FIRST PHASE OF THE PROJECT WITHIN A SHORT TIME TO CREATE A SINGLE PORTAL PLATFORM FOR CENTRALIZED PROVISION OF BANKING SERVICES ELECTRONICALLYadmin
The DATAS Technology project team successfully completed and put into operation the first phase of the project within a short time to create a single Portal platform for centralized provision of banking services electronically through the mechanism of personal offices in the Oschad Bank JSC.
The portal platform enables external counterparties, clients and non-clients of the bank to obtain accessible business services through personalized offices with a web interface. The multifunctional cabinets (widget approach) created within the project have built-in user authentication / authorization mechanisms and interact according to OpenID Connect protocol and deployed separately by OAuth server.
Developed within the Portal Platform, the OAuth server uses the following systems as ID providers: Active Directory, Oracle Identity Management, MongoDB.
Requests for routing of Portal Platform modules are routed through IBM DataPower. Interaction with various banking systems (ABS, EBK, Electronic Archive, XRM) occurs through services deployed at the bank’s ISD.
In particular, providing opportunities to work with existing functionalities to deal with subsidies and other types of social payments. There is also a possibility to unify the mechanisms for work with any other business services of the bank in the future.
The Portal platform developed has a microservice architecture and implements the following basic functionality:
• authentication / authorization of cabinet users using JWT tokens
• mechanisms for subscription to available banking services (interaction with the Product Catalog)
• filing various documents / applications electronically and initiating relevant business processes in the bank’s BPM system
• getting feedback and results from the bank’s BPM system
• Creating various reports and statements
• transition to the existing offices of the recipients of subsidies and benefits of utilities
• moving to existing offices of service providers
• integrated system performance monitoring (using Elastic Search)
At the moment more than 2.5 million users are already registered in the system, who actively use various banking services. The number of users is constantly growing.
Thanks to its flexible and easily scalable architecture, the Portal Platform allows virtually unlimited number of users to work simultaneously while providing minimal response time.